Re: mc, mdi, mem About this list

> Yup.  This is what replaying events is all about: a WM (or other application)
> can get an event, decide what to do with it, and then cause it to be
> replayed to others transparently.  This is how click to focus is supposed
> to be implemented, for example (at least when I talked to Raster last fall,
> E didn't do it this way, because he hadn't understood what the facility
> was intended for; if you don't do it this way, you can have race conditions
> and events can go to the wrong place).
> 				- Jim

When kwm worked exactly this way, people reported problems using certain Motif
application ( for example Java awt). Motif wasn't able to interpret double
clicks correctly when the events have been replayed. I used a passive grab and
called XAllowEvents with ReplayPointer. Other toolkits had no problem with
that, neither Qt nor GTK. As far as I remember I tried with both, CurrentTime
and the appropriate time stamps.

Any idea why that could be?  Do you consider it save that a click to focus WM
has a passive grab over its decoration window the whole time?

I'd like to do it this way, since it's a clean and proper solution.

Matthias