[Utopia] Mounting VFAT partition.

Hello,

I don't know whether the following is a g-v-m, HAL, kernel, or Gentoo bug, so a point in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated.

As of fairly recently (new Gnome, kernel, etc), when my camera is mounted automatically with its defaults, the following options are used:

/dev/sdb1 on /media/SANVOL type vfat (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,quiet,shortname=winnt,uid=1000,gid=100,umask=077)

My problem is with "shortname", which in its current state mangles the filenames to be all uppercase. This is very unpleasant to someone who likes their filenames lowercase.

I'm sure someone knows the source of the change. Thanks!

--Pat