Re: [Utopia] soundcards in utopia

Hi,

It all looks very good.  I only have one question.

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 15:40 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> The GNOME sound control-center applet could be the place to select what
> soundcard and output to use for different types of sound inputs and
> outputs (Sound events, Music/Movies, Audio/Video conferencing).

The global defaults definitely make sense in the control center, but do
we want to additionally add all these special cases for different types
of applications?  Wouldn't the audio/video conferencing settings (ie,
use a headset instead of the built in speakers and mic) be more
appropriately set in the application?

Also, couldn't we use gnome-volume-manager for this?  I mean, it is a
volume manager after all. ;)

Joe