Re: [Utopia] [patch] improved hal support for gnome-vfs

On 6/29/05, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk> wrote:
>  - show a GnomeVFSDrive even when there is no media in the drive

Random question: from a user interface point of view, does it make any
sense to do this?  What is the reasoning behind this change?

I'm specifically thinking of those "seven in one card readers" you can
get that plug into your USB port and read every kind of memory device
you can think of.  Under my system, I believe they appear as four SCSI
devices.  It seems to me that it makes more sense to hide the ones
that aren't in use.

--
Simon Howard
http://www.soulsphere.org/