[Utopia] Multiuser HAL/gnome-volume-manager

Hello,

It has come to my attention that gnome-volume-manager operates in a very
mono-user way (only the user logged in Gnome may plug in devices e.g.
USB keys). I was wondering how it is expected to work when there are
multiple users simultaneously logged in. Since Unix/Linux is
fundamentally multi-user oriented, I feel it would be essential to
support such schemes.

I wont include any specific problematic use cases right now, since I
have absolutely no information on what is supposed to happen (e.g. a
race between two instances of gnome-volume-manager, nothing, etc).

Jean-Christophe Haessig