Re: [Utopia] Gnome Power Manager, updated screenshots

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 21:46 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> I don't think "Display brightness" should be in here. It could work
> pretty much like a "learning mute" (volume mute...). For example:
> - Power is on mains
> - User sets the brightness -> remember as mains brightness
> - User unplugs the power
> - Either the brightness for when on battery is known -> restore it
> - Otherwise guess 1/2 of current mains brightness, let the user change
> it (and save it when changed)
> - Plug back in, restore the mains brightness, etc.

Sounds good to me. We can be clever so the user doesn't have to be.

> The "Put display to sleep" bits should probably be in gnome-
> screensaver's capplet.

This is where the two projects blur. I would say display sleep settings
should not be in a screensaver dialogue, but then I'm biased :-)

> That'd be 4 less sliders in the dialogue.

Ohh yes, I know - the glade file has everything, and the application
disables things it hasn't got.

Should the sleep type be in options? Not something the average user
needs to know I guess - default to "Quick sleep"

Richard.