[Utopia] Finding device capabilities

G'Day All!

I'm writing a small program to sync a playlist on rhythmbox to a flash
based mp3 player. (similar to how iTunes does to an iPod)

The aim is for it to run on insertion of a flash based mp3 player, if
it's a new player, prompt the user to assign a playlist to it and sync,
otherwise silently sync the playlist to the device.

The depends on two things, the ability to identify a specific device,
and the ability to find out if the device mounted by gvm is an mp3
player.

I'm sure i can find out how to uniquely identify the device, however i
don't know how to determine if it is an mp3 player.

any suggestions are most welcome

-nick