[Utopia] a note about g-v-m development

I branched g-v-m for GNOME 2.8 (we made it in!) so we now have two
branches and releases:

	Branch:		gnome-2-8
	Release:	1.0.x
	Why:		This is the GNOME 2.8 stable tree
	What:		Bug fixes only

and

	Branch:		HEAD
	Release:	1.1.x
	Why:		This is the unstable-like-my-relationships tree
	What:		Rapid kickass development

TODO for 1.1.x:

	- Get rid of the capplet, integrate the options elsewhere in
	  GNOME, such as Preferred Applications
	- Support latest HAL features
	- Possibly look into using per-session D-BUS to make g-v-m
	  no longer a daemon.  This is trivial because g-v-m is a FSM
	  with no global state sans Gconf keys.  I mean trivial as in
	  minutes work on the g-v-m side.  So we can keep g-v-m if we
	  decide to go this route.  I am unconvinced until I see how
	  nice the infrastructure is.
	- Maybe implement a notification area icon to display status
	  to the user?
	- Support for "music players"
	- Explicit iPod support
	- There are a few bugs in bugzilla that I triaged over the
	  weekend.  Nothing breathtaking though.

Best,

	Robert Love