Re: [Utopia] Utopia stack and "removable networks"

Johan Bilien wrote:
Is there some work going on on this? If we take 802.1X authentication,
what would be the correct way to do it? Should a bunch of users be given
the right to authenticate themselves to the network? If so, I suppose
those users should run a session-life-time daemon, kind of
gnome-network-manager, or maybe a user-owned instance of dbus? But if
several users are allowed to give a username/password for 1X
authentication, and if several are connected, who should be asked?

I use wpa_supplicant (http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/) for all my 1X and WEP needs. It's a fantastic piece of software. But the solution is far from user-friendly, and it only adds to the incoherence of hardware management in Linux.

--Pat