Re: [Utopia] gnome-vfs patch, take 2

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 18:04 +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:59:11AM -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> > >
> > > No, we read the partition label directly after device discovery and add
> > > the property "volume.label". Doesn't it work for you?
> >
> > Ah I see.  I was just assuming since unmounted volumes were showing up
> > without a label until I mounted them in Computer.  Actually unmounted
> > drives only show up if I start things by hand.  They are not there when
> > everything is started by the system in the correct order.
> >

> Oh, I think I may have some code such that only drives with
> filesystems that HAL understands are shown; NTFS isn't one them,
> probably should be, right Kay?
>
> Can't remember why I put that in though :-)

We set the default values to empty strings and replace any of the values
if they are recognized. NTFS volume labels are very difficult to read,
without mounting it, so only the fstype is set by now.
If we really need it, I can look if I can do something. - I just
recovered from the UDF reading code :)

thanks,
Kay