Re: [Utopia] [Fwd: Removable devices and fstab]

Hi!

On 2004-08-29 17:40 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> Currently our wrapper is not hal aware, but I would like it to become
> so.

I object against that. Since pmount runs as suid root, it should
have as little dependencies and code as possible. My intention for
writing pmount was to create a policy wrapper around mount, nothing
else. Communication with hal, management of permanent device labels,
etc. should be done by non-privileged high-level programs like gvm
since that does not need any special privileges or trust.

> If you are interested, the program will be released open source.

Actually it already is GPL'ed, but I would like to see some more
testing before releasing it.

Have a nice day!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin piware de                      mpitt debian org