Re: [Utopia] GVM autobrowse patch

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 21:21 +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 13:12 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 09:17 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> >
> > > There is a patch here:
> > > http://www.no-name-yet.com/patches/gnome-volume-manager_autobrowse.patch
> > >
> > > It adds a checkbox in gvm to Autobrowse filesystems on insert.  When a
> > > removable filesystem device is inserted gvm will load a nautilus window
> > > to browse that filesystem (if it is enabled).  There is a string change
> > > that would need to be translated.
> >
> > Is this in response to the discussion on IRC yesterday, or are you just
> > super prescient?
> >
> > Either way, patch committed.  Thanks!
> >

> Hi,
>
> As I said on IRC just earlier, before my network connection blew up that
> is, this causes two Nautilus windows to be opened if
>
>  o automounting is disabled
>  o browse removable media is enabled
>  o nautilus is set to always use browser mode [1]
>  o you click the (newly added) drive in Nautilus
>
> The feature is sweet though, but is there any way we can work around
> this bug?

Yes.  However, as I mailed to rml earlier, I don't believe the bug is
actually in my patch.  The problem (I think) is that the autorun()
funciton that my code is in gets called at various times when it
shouldn't.  Like for instance (where I first experienced this bug), when
you log in for the very first time, on the first device insert, it calls
up windows for every device that is mounted (instead of just the
inserted device).  Before my patch, it was doing the same thing, but
just for the autorun call.  However, if there was no autorun file there,
the user would have never noticed it.

I'm happy to look at it.  Unfortunately, I'm swamped this week with some
low level work that I have to get done, then I'll be traveling home this
weekend across the world.  So I won't actually be able to get to it
until the earliest probably wednesday of next week.  I one of you has
the time, please by all means track it down.  If not, I'll take a look
at it when I get home.

Nathaniel