Re: [Utopia] [patch] mount/unmount when starting/stopping

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 09:42, David Zeuthen wrote:

>  4. We no longer listen on the EjectPressed signal from HAL - this
>     is removed from HAL as only a tiny fraction of drives implement it

I must've missed the discussion on this on the HAL list.  Why should
this be removed just because many devices dont' support it?  Why cripple
the devices that do because of ones that don't?  If I go out of my way
to get hardware that supports (Apple hardware, perhaps?) it should be
able to work appropriately, yes?