Re: [Utopia] we need a spec for handling mediums

> >Just throwing this out there: Mime: x-device/cdrom-audio, x-
> >device/camera, etc. Applications handle these Mime types just like any
> >other.
> >

> But how do you identify the devive to the application?  Some want the
> device path, some want the mount path, some want a HAL id, etc.

Don't know. ;) Here are some ideas though. Right now, how is the
determination made whether the app should receive a full file:/// url or
just a absolute local path? It could be similar.

Maybe the .desktop file could (and should) have a HotplugExec entry,
with some substitution such as %d (device path), %u (udi) or %m (mount
point).

Maybe there could be a standard format to pass a device specification
string to an app: $udi,$dev,$mount.

Of all of them I like the first and second best.