Re: [Usability] Copy & paste problem

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 12:35:46PM +0200, Francesco Stablum wrote:

> The problem is that there are two clipboard buffers and it can be very
> annoying and conterintuitive to new unix/gnome users. Why not making a
> single buffer?

Overwriting the Ctrl-C clipboard everytime you select text would be
very counter-productive.

Being able to quickly select and paste with just the middle mouse button
is a very nice feature (I imediately miss it when I have  to work on
windows).

Having 2 buffers increases your possibilities.

I guess most newcomers don't even know about the middle mousebutton
thing. There are separate buffers and very different 2 methods to use
them. Hardly any room for confusion.

---
Thorsten Wilms