Re: [Usability] Theme Instant Apply

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 13:56 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 15:42 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> > Could anyone give me some advice on bug 149323 (HIG issues with Theme
> > Preferences). The issue is that the theme manager often takes longer
> > than one second to apply a theme, so therefore it should not be instant
> > apply.
>
> Well, the theme /begins/ to change within a second, and all controls are
> still available throughout the change, so instant apply is still
> acceptable.

Depending on your definition of "available". When switching themes,
sizes and layouts are slightly changed, so the widgets start shaking and
shifting  until the theme change is complete. During that event, is very
hard to use the theme list or the buttons, considering that they are an
unpredictable moving target.

Considering that, I think that the controls are completely unusable, and
so, not available.

Regards,
	D.

--
"Why program by hand in five days what you can spend five years of your
life automating."