Re: [Usability] Screensaver and idle time

On 2 Mar 2006, at 09:59, Joachim Noreiko wrote:

I am wary that the word 'desktop' is already
overloaded. Writing the UG, it's been hard to
differentiate between:
- desktop the thing at the back of the screen

That's always supposed to be referred to as the "desktop background" though, no? I remember the Sun docs team having nightmares about this when they wrote the docs style guide too :/

- desktop the universe

That would usually be "desktop environment" I guess, although I don't think the style guide specifies that.

- and the Desktop menu

Well, that's the "Desktop menu" :)

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team             +353 1 819 9771