Re: [Usability] Request for UI ideas: User/Group management

Am Freitag, den 21.07.2006, 19:11 +0200 schrieb sam:
> Am Donnerstag, den 20.07.2006, 22:45 +0200 schrieb Sebastian Heinlein:
> > I always prefer flat lists in favour of trees:
> >
> > |--------------------------------------------------------|
> > | GROUPS                | MEMBERS (of the selected group)|
> > |--------------------------------------------------------|
> > | Everyone              | Friends              GROUPS    |
> > | Editors  <- selected  | -----SEPARATOR---------------- |
> > | Admins                | George               USERS     |
> > | Friends               | Jane                           |
> > | Editors               |--------------------------------|
> > |                       | [ADD] [REMOVE]                 |
> > |--------------------------------------------------------|
> >
> > The left pane shows all available groups and the right one all members
> > of the selected group.
>
> If I understand this correctly, this has the problem that it is not possible to
> add a group into another group.

No. E.g. you could just drag Friends and drop it above Editors in the
left pane or above the members list in the right pane (if editors is
selected) to add the group.

If a group is a subgroup of another one it will shown in the members
pane on the right pane.

Regards,

Sebastian