Re: [Usability] Save Icon

Hi !

> > I completely disagree.  Icons in menus reinforce the
> > connection between the action and the icon.  It helps
> > you learn the icon, so you can use the icon in the
> > toolbar effectively.

There are several cases where icons in menus are *extremely* useful. For
example, while using Inkscape, if you want to "Mirror" and object
horizontally, and without menu icons, you're going to scan each line of
text to see which item suits your need. If you have good icons, you
immediately spot the one you need. Same in GIMP for many, many actions
you can perform on an image.

I remember very clearly that, in this particular situation, I said to
myself "Wow, menu icons are really a strong asset in Linux, over
Windows". And I believe there are countless such cases.

Cheers,
Manu