Re: [Usability] Questions

[I figure you wanted to send your last mail to the list rather than to
me only, so I'm cc-ing it again. You might want to forward a copy of
your full email for the list.]

On So, 2006-01-15 at 19:19 -0500, Juan Manuel wrote:
> Samuel. I sent a patch (for gtk+1, but seemed similar enough to be
> easy to adapt for gtk2) and a link to a theme author at
> www.gnome-look.org who said that he was working on a proyect to get a
> Mac menubar in gnome to the developers section of a gnome related
> forum (can't recall it's name right now) and a guy with the nickname
> "BeS" resoundedly turned down the requests with such a tone that made
> him look like an authentic M$ drone (M$ employee for the uniniciated).

A GNOME related forum is not a very good place to ask your opinion on
inclusion of specific features; the best place for submitting patches is
Bugzilla. Otherwise the chance of having it accepted into GNOME is very
low, since the developers can obviously not actively monitor every such
forum.

Also, if you have a solution for the problems mentioned in prior
discussions (focus follows mouse, integration of third party
applications, etc.) that was not already proposed, we would like to hear
it. But please try avoid to restart this discussion without new ideas,
as repetition of the same arguments is not going to help the debate.

-Samuel
|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam2 ad debain dod org | knipknap ad jabber dod org |