Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME

Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

On 18 Dec, 2005, at 9:51 AM, Otto Wyss wrote:

Cross-platform the Cancel button is the right most button of the left-to-right order or the lowest button of the top-to-bottom order. See http://wyoguide.sourceforge.net/guidelines/dialogs.html#buttons . This doesn't suits the MacOSX very well but IMO it's not worth to code different for a platform in this case.

I think that page is overdoing it a bit. Either have almost unreadable language, *or* have lots of guidelines that don't make sense on any platform. Doing both at once gives away the parody too early, IMO.

Maybe you should mention which bit is overdoing or what is unreadable
language so I can locate and improve it, else it might be you does the
parody.

O. Wyss

--
Application guidelines: http://wyoguide.sf.net/