Re: [Usability] Hiding the mouse pointer when inactive

On 7 Jan, 2006, at 1:41 PM, Corey Burger wrote:

IMHO, it is a good general principle that programs should hide the
mouse pointer when the mouse is in active and the person is typing.

That would always result in the developers of some programs forgetting or not having time to do it. I would much rather it happened at the toolkit level, if not the X level. GTK currently does it only for text fields.

However, I cannot see anything in the HIG either way.

If the HIGs described everything that should be done at the toolkit level or lower, they would be an epic.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/