Re: [Usability] Use circles in password field

Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 11:55 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:
Bastien Nocera wrote:
Isn't that already what GDM uses nowadays?

(Here comes a potshot ;))
As you might expect, this is configurable in gdm.conf.
Yay! :)

My guess is that you should use circles, and vendors that have default
fonts without that symbol, they'll patch it back.

Any chance we can get a line added to the HIG "Text Entry Fields" Guidelines that says something like:

* A text entry that is used for requesting a password from the user should hide the contents of the entry by using a black circle (Unicode 0x25cf) for each character. Example:
   gtk_entry_set_visibility (entry, FALSE);
   gtk_entry_set_invisible_char (entry, 0x25cf);

Calum?

Jon