Re: [Usability] Save Icon

--- Diego Moya <turingt gmail com> wrote:

> How about a pen writing on a paper sheet? A pen
> writing on a hardisk
> makes no sense.
>
> The problem I see with arrow-in-a-hard-disk is that
> non-geek people
> have no idea at all how a harddisk looks (or even
> what it is - they
> usually call it the 'memory').

That's true.
But they don't think of saving as 'writing' either.
The writing part is what they've done with their
keyboard. An icon of a pen writing could be understood
to mean 'edit'.
When they save a document, they're storing /
preserving  their work. Those are the things we need
to convey, which is hard as they're fairly abstract.