Re: [Usability] links to GConf

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 16:36 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:

> It's occurred to me that there is a simple solution to
> both of these problems, but I'd like the usability
> list's opinion on it before I file an enhancement in
> bugzilla:
> Add a button to the bottom of each prefs applet that
> opens GConf at the relevant branch.

I think I'd just prefer a better search facility in gconf editor (and
not just for this reason).

If we made sure that the description for each key mentioned the name(s)
of the preferences window(s) in which the corresponding GUI option
lived, that would allow advanced users to meddle more easily, and not
clutter up the dialogs for mere mortals.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group