Re: [Usability] spatial desktop

On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 17:25 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> > Ritesh Khadgaray wrote:
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > >  Out of curiosity, Why is nautilus spatial and the
> > rest of desktop
> > > not ?
>
> (Sorry, lost the original post...)
way better helpful than google.

/me lost my google mojo.

> Perhaps the following features would define a spatial
> app:
>
> 1. moving the file in the file manager doesn't disturb
> the app it's open in
why not have a central repo for document specific data, rather than each
application as nautilus or scribes/scratchpad using a app specific
database.

~/.spatial/<doc-hash>

my argument is, if i/gnome were to say switch between scribes or
scratchpad, or for that matter sticky-notes or tomboy document would not
lose there properties such as position on desktop.

> 2. renaming the file in the file manager causes the
> app to update its title bar accordingly
sounds perfect.

> 3. you can save a new document by dragging it from the
> app to the file manager
mod up.

--
Ritesh Khadgaray