Re: [Usability] Using Control-Esc and Windows keys to access the start menu

Sven Herzberg wrote:
On So, 2006-08-20 at 16:00 +0200, Lennart Borgman wrote:
I tried Control-Esc and the Windows keys to access the start menu, but none of them worked. I would really appreciate if they do. Is there any reason that they should not work the same way as on MS Windows? Would not that attract MS Windows users?

Try Alt-F1. Alt is the modifier we often use for global keybindings.
Maybe there's more explanations given in the Gnome HIG.
Thanks Sven. I have later got that information but it was not there when I needed it.

What I am looking for is the answer to the questions above. What are the opinion here about those questions? Why not try to welcome MS Windows users in this area?