Re: [Usability] A Proposal for a new feature

One thing to consider is this: if you're typing at a terminal, ideally you would
be able to select options using the keyboard as well (even if interactively as
you propose). Taking your hands off to use the mouse disrupts this.
"Tab-completion" for example does this really well. Even just displaying a few
lines of help text at the bottom helping your remember what to type would be
useful and it wouldn't interrupt the user's flow.

There is a shell (bash replacement) called zsh that goes nuts with tab
completion, if someone has set up a configuration for a given program.  For
example, you can tab-complete hosts when running "ssh" etc.

Reed