Re: [Usability] Default document formats

--- Vidar Braut Haarr <vhaarr+usability gmail com>
wrote:

> You didn't read the manual, I didn't read the
> manual.
> Noone reads the manual.

Actually, I do read the manual :)
Maybe not from cover to cover, but I do frequently
click on the Help button in dialogs.
But I'm currently working on my mac, which doesn't
have OOo installed.

OOo throws up a warning dialog when you try to save in
RTF or DOC, along the lines of "not all formatting may
be saved", so perhaps a similar dialog for the OpenDoc
format could be added to warn about MS Office
compatibility. (The dialog in question is horrible,
but that's another issue.)

Joachim