[Usability] Negating checkbox labels

Hi,

I'd like to point out a issue that annoyed me many times when using all kinds of preferences dialogs: often you have a bunch of checkboxes of which some have "affirming" labels ("make backup when saving") and some "negating" labels ("don't show splash screen on startup") (sorry, don't know if these are the correct english terms). This leads to confusion in my opinion and requires the user to read very carefully in order to avoid selecting the wrong check state.
So I propose to introduce a guideline which says:

"Avoid using negating labels for checkboxes."

which would lead to ==> [X] Show splash screen on startup (and invert the default check state)