[Usability] Users and Groups dialog

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had looked at the "Users and Groups" dialog
in GNOME System Tools with a view to improving its usability.

The main thing that bugs me about this dialog is the excessive amount
of detail given in the user list.  At the very least, the home
directory and shell should not be shown in the list - in the
properties dialog these are even listed under "Advanced Settings"!
I'm tempted to say that the UID should be removed as well but maybe
there's a case for it.

The search box is useful but rather complicated to use.  You have to
specify whether you want to search on User name, User ID, Group name
or User GID.  How about removing the dropdown list and simply making
the list reduce to any users which match any of those conditions?

--
Simon Howard
http://www.soulsphere.org/