Re: [Usability] New "Add to panel" dialog

On 10/22/05, Vidar Braut Haarr <vhaarr+usability gmail com> wrote:
> What would be missing is:
> * A clear "Add" button.
> * A "Help" button.

And maybe Categories - although I believe this was implemented some
time for the Control Center by Ximian .. I don't remember.

Also, I don't believe I've read any paragraphs about what this
redesign is supposed to fix except the issue that there is alot of
scrolling. In which case just removing all the non-essential applets
would be a better fix IMO.

For example, for alot of the applets it does not make sense to have
more than one (menu, window list, clock, pager, log out, trash, and
others) - and these could be hidden from the list if they were already
present on some panel.

(I posted this already with the wrong sender address - sorry if you
get a duplicate when the original is accepted by the list-admin)

--
Vidar Braut Haarr
"Programmers don't die, they