Re: [Usability] Re: Text wrapping in gedit

Il giorno dom, 02/10/2005 alle 20.21 -0400, michael chang ha scritto:
> On 10/2/05, usability-request gnome org <usability-request gnome org> wrote:
> Word Wrapping Menu item.  By default, on.  When selected to turn off,
> will turn off for that particular file, and remember that setting.
> When selected to turn on, will turn on for that particular file, and
> remember that setting.  Will remember setting for all files opened and
> closed without changing the setting.  By default, always load a
> setting per-file instead of the default, if one can be found.  If not,
> use the default.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but this is exactly what I described and fails
to adress the case of poor Joe who doesn't need word wrapping and wants
to turn it off by default. Joe is forced to turn it off each time that
he opens a document, especially given the fact that this document it's a
new log that he gets every morning and the per-document persisted
setting doesn't help. Poor Joe is so frustrad bt this darn tool who
wants to double guess him and he's going to sue the hell out of me for
causing his carpal tunnel syndrome by forcing him to use that menu item
100 times a day :)
Ok, I'm exagerating, but...

Paolo