Re: [Usability] nautilus, panel, and metacity not acting as if the desktop was a single entity

> Which is quicker, clicking on an icon or zooming to find the document?
> Usability shouldn't be sacrificed to accomodate a 'better' metaphor.

IMHO, zooming like that would be a breakthrough in usability. For
example, when I have to quickly draw a UML diagram, I usually do it
with paper and pencil (instead of ArgoUML, say), because it is just
quicker and more natural. Why? I believe it is easier because, on
paper, I can continuosly switch my attention from the details to the
overall picture, by just moving my head away from the paper. Moving my
head is easy and natural. With today programs, I must use the panning
feature (when it's there), but the zoom is too granular and
unpractical.

My two pence

Maurizio