Re: [Usability] Save / open dialogs (no file name entry)

On 5/12/05, John Spray <jcs116 york ac uk> wrote:
> However, this entry in the context menu does not include the accelerator
> key, as a window menu would.  Anybody know the reason for this?  I think
> it would be the best place to make this shortcut known.

That's a HIG recommendation, to make the context menu uncluttered and
you can usually look up the shortcuts in the mainmenu. Maybe an
exception should be made for windows which have no mainmenu?
A user still has a chance to figure this out though, because it's the
same shortcut as used in Nautilus (and you can look it up there).

Daniel