[Usability] spatial nautilus concerns, revisited

Back in October I posted a few concerns about the spatial nautilus. I won't repost the whole message, but my main concern was lack of empirical evidence for the spatial metaphor's usability, and indeed lack of evidence for many of the arguments against it. Anyway, I'm still worried and have had a few months to think about these things, so I've compiled my thoughts into what I hope is a more coherent form and posted them on my Web site:

http://interfacethis.com/pub/index.php?itemid=56

I fear I may get flamed out of existence for it but would like to know what other people think of my perspective.

Thanks.

--Dave