Re: [Usability] Can't Handle it anymore! (Consistent toolbars?)

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 00:40 +0200, Samuel Abels wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-29-03 at 22:35 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > I've noticed that developers are increasingly getting rid of the
> > GtkHandleBox from their application toolbars. Was this a conscious
> > decision, was there some sort of plan (a detail in the HIG update I
> > missed?) or did lots of developers all independantly come to the same
> > conclusion that it was a waste of space?
>
> I am one of those developers, my decision was mainly based on the fact
> that I believe toolbars to be a very technical thing providing only
> insignificant improvement - you can do the same without the box, and
> without the handle the windows IMO look better and even easier to use
> (considering that less widgets = more usability).

Sorry, but I don't agree with doing it this way. If somebody doesn't
like the shadow on toolbars, they should create a theme that just
doesn't draw one. With this all applications will be consistent.
Personally I like the shadow and wouldn't want to miss it.

David