Re: [Usability] Allow donations for precise bugs

Maurizio Colucci wrote:

Currently, in bugzilla, I can file bugs or propose new features. My idea is to allow users to donate money directed towards a *precise* feature or a *precise* bug.

Let me give you an example of the process I am advocating.

1. I file a wish for a feature;

2. Some developer (Jack) decides to take car of the task, and says:

   "I can implement this feature in 3 months for 5000$. I declare
    donations open. Donations close in 20 days, on September 6 2005.

3. People begin donating freely.

4. After 20 days, on September 6 2005:

   (a)  if the 5000$ threshold was reached, Jack begins working, and he
        *must* deliver within 3 months.

   (b)  if the 5000$ were not reached, the money is refunded to the donators
        (or at least it because reusable for other tasks).

---

Notice there are two times to be decided:

1. six months. This is the _maximum_ time needed to implement the feature.

2. september 6 2005. We cann call this the "restitution date".

they should be all decided by the developer, I believe.

Maurizio