Re: [Usability] PAL

Thilo Pfennig wrote:
Wouldn't it be good to make a distinction between small aplications like
applets, plugins, desktop applications, backgrounds,themes etc. and
software that is installed systemwide?

I can imagine that applets could be installed via the "add to panel"
dialog, also I like installation method of Firefox for plugins. All
these installation don't need  root access.

It already exists a bounty opened for that (Panel applet bundle system):
http://www.gnome.org/bounties/Features.html#306314

Also I would like to install background and themes automatically from the capplet in question or from an online website(gnome-art) through an ephy extension.

Also to complete my wishes list :) $GNOME_APP plugins should be browsed,downloaded and installed from the $GNOME_APP itself so avoiding discoverability and manual installation.