[Usability] dropping folders on terminal

just got that idea:

what about when you drop a directory on a terminal a terminal with
working directory of that folder opens? I think this would be cool.

I also always liked things like "open terminal here" (Nautilus scripts),
although they never worked for me. I think it is stupid that you have to
open a terminal that has always $HOME as its working directory.

The thing is: with the home directory dropping this is already happening
- on other folders I see activity but nothing really happens. So maybe
gnome-terminal already understands something, but not really?

--
http://www.alternativ.net/~vinci
Jabber: vinci jabber org