Re: [Usability] screenshot & recording desktop video

What happens when your application menu crosses the window boundaries?
What happens if you drag a window partially offscreen? What happens when
you minimize a window?

The behavior of recording the contents of a single window is really hard
to get right. Because of that i didn't make it part of my initial
design/mockup. There's nothing keeping people from designing/implementing
this in version 2.0 (for example).

>From what i've heard, OS-X allows you to basically drag a window onscreen
which indicates how a screenshot(/video?) will be cropped. Something like
that may become possible once we have a stable compositing manager. OS-X
also has a transparent window for the screenshot/video controls that isn't
actually part of the screenshot/video. Again, that will only become
possible when we have a compositing manager.

Jeroen