Re: [Usability] RFC: removing some colors from the panel...

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 20:03 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:

> What do you think about moving all the panel contents to grayscale when
> the panel is not in use? Imagine this: you work on a document and there
> is no color on your panel, so you can see it but it's not too much
> disturbing. However, once you put the mouse pointer over the panel (or
> the panel gets the focus), colors appear so you can easily distinguish
> all the applets/launchers.

I've been thinking having composite manager turn all inactive windows
grayscale, for exactly the same reason.  Translucency looks cool in
screenshots, but I have a feeling grayscale (or something to decrease
contrast) could be more useful.  Haven't managed to get started on
implementing it, though.

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 tommi komulainen iki fi
GPG 1024D/68388EE6    6FD6 DD79 EB38 BF6F 3533  09C0 04A8 9871 6838 8EE6