Re: [Usability] icons for free use?

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Guzman, Dror wrote:

> Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:57:48 -0800
> From: "Guzman, Dror" <dror guzman JHexagon com>
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: [Usability] icons for free use?
>
> Hi there,

> I'm emailing you with regard to icons on your website that I would like to
> use in my applications. I wonder if they are free of charge? If not, where
> can I but them, if yes (thanks) do you have any repository of icons?

If your application is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL)
it you should not have any problems getting permission to use the icons
which are almost certainly already licensed under the GPL.

I notice you are using Microsoft Outlook and sending HTML email so I would
guess you are not using the GNOME Desktop or writing GTK applications.

You will probably need to track down the author of that specific icon and
ask his permssion.

The icons was most likely created by Jakub "Jimmac" Steiner
http://jimmac.musichall.cz
or possibly Tigert
http://tigert.gimp.org/
or someone else entirely.