[Usability] Shutdown panel

Hi to all,

I'm trying to teach basic computer's use to people without any Operating System knowledge.
They're using GNOME 2.8 and everything seems easy, but the shutdown system panel is hard for them.

By now, they need to select one of three options(Shutdown, Reboot, Logout) with a Radio Button and press confirmation button after.

The main problems are:
	- that Radio button is an strange widget for them, with a big lack of usability
	- they don't think some confirmation (Ok Button) needed before selection.

I've been reading mailing list archives searching entries about this subject, but I didn't find anything.

Could it be a good idea changing the current panel and doing something similar to XP's shutdown system?

I'd appreciate your suggestions and opinions.

Israel Fenor