Re: [Usability] How should an editor behave when it comes to search and replace?

Markus Bertheau schrieb:

Hi Markus!

I'm writing a continuous-save, mom-friendly and plugin free text editor
for GNOME. I'd need interaction design advice on how a text editor
should behave when it comes to searching / searching and replacing. What
do you see as optimal behaviour for a text editor for GNOME in this
respect?

Bryan Clark published some *very* interesting find ideas [1]. Look at gedit HEAD for a similar widget. Unfortunately, search&replace seems to be a hazzle - Bryan's proposal doesn't cover it. Maybe there is a way of integrating those two, possibly through additional replace/replace all functionality for the result
window.

regs,
Chris

[1] http://www.gnome.org/~clarkbw/blog/GNOME/finding_a_good_find