Re: [Usability] [RFC] Announcing: Control-Center-GUI 0.1

Today at 20:02, Christian Neumair wrote:

> I'd be very glad to hear what your proposal is on resolving this issue,
> though. As I wrote in another mail in this thread, I consider it a
> horrible to lay out icons in a grid, because it forces the user to look
> in two dimensions what he is looking for. So the current cc shell is in
> my opinion awful.

In what I wrote elsewhere, perhaps putting it in delimited list of
iconviews is going to work?  This way, you'd scan vertically for a
category, and then horizontally for the icon (i.e. we shouldn't have
more than 4-6 icons in a category, so they all fit on one line in
common setups).

I should perhaps create a mock-up to illustrate what I mean :)

Cheers,
Danilo