Re: [Usability] Spatiality does not mean that navigational facilities cannot exist

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:26:45 +0100, Maurizio Colucci
<seguso forever tin it> wrote:
> But the point I want to make is: WHY DO I HAVE TO RENOUNCE TO THOSE
> FACILITIES WHEN I USE SPATIAL NAUTILUS? It seems to me there is no
> reason for this; that you are interpreting the spatial metaphor in a
> uselessly restrictive way: the spatial metaphor only means that a
> nautilus window must represent a folder. So, INSIDE the window you
> cannot have, say, a list of recent places, or a list of bookmarks, which
> have no relation with the folder. So far so good. But this does NOT
> imply that a global sidebar with recent places must not be available!

Why should it be a sidebar? Someone whip up a "Recent
folders"-dropdown applet and I'll have one of those on my panel for
sure. Make it a sidebar and I'll save my screen estate for something
better.

("whip up" is a relaxed way to say "desing a good algorithm to find
out which visited folders are actually worth to keep in the list" ;)

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi