Re: [Usability] gnome-terminal shortcuts

On 12/23/05, Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:

> --- Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 11:32:16PM +0100, Tomasz
> > Janowitz wrote:
> > > I have a question regarding gnome-terminal
> > shortcuts, namely: what are the
> > > 'shift's standing for ? Wouldn't it be easier to
> > have them as in other apps
> > > ? 'ctrl+t' - new tab, 'ctrl+q' - quit terminal.
> >
> > There shortcuts can be used by applications running
> > within
> > gnome-terminal. If gnome-terminal had such a
> > shortcut, you couldn't use
> > it in the application (e.g. vim) anymore.
>
> It still violates the HIG though.

Hmm....  I've always seen the HIG as something designed to make user
interfaces more intuitive.  So, I find your claims about a tool
designed almost completely for efficiency and power over intuitiveness
(which is how I view the command line), stating that it doesn't follow
guidelines on being intuitive, quite humorous.  The claim is
absolutely true and there's definitely nothing wrong with it, I guess
I'm just easily amused.  :-)

Cheers,
Elijah