Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 21:56 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > IIRC (very large IIRC) this was not re-implemented as it broke
> > accessibility (tab is used for focus switching) and no-one had a good
> > idea to work around it.
>
> Midnight commander uses <ESC><Tab> because <Tab> is used for other
> purpose - at least I could live with this ...

nautilus and the file chooser don't have <tab> completion but they do
have <enter> completion.  Start in a window with any file selected, and
start typing.  As soon as the folder you want is highlighted, hit enter
and the next folder opens up.  Repeat until you get the file you want.
It is _very_ fast and natural.

Owen