[Usability] Re: Can the GNOME desktop survive an encounter with my parents?

On 8/26/05, Vidar Braut Haarr <vhaarr+usability gmail com> wrote:
> 10. Wants to get a slideshow of his images as screensaver. Goes to
> System->User Settings->Screensaver, sees a HUGE list of screensavers
> and tries to locate "Slideshow" in it. It doesn't exist.

I walked past the laptop today and noticed it had a slideshow running.
My dad found a screensaver called "GLSlideshow" that does exactly what
he wants.

Of course, we would've found this screensaver instantly if the
typeaheadfind feature had indeed worked, or if it had a name that made
sense, like "Slideshow."

My parents don't have the faintest idea what "GL" means.

--
Vidar Braut Haarr
"Programmers don't die, they